Fun Stuff

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

living by grace.

exodus 20:3-6.  "you shall have no other gods before me.  you shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.  you shall not bow down to them or serve them, for i the lord your god am a jealous god visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments."

idols. confronted again with that thought.  what is an idol in my life?  currently, i am not sure.  today the question was brought up:  is my idol "ministry"?  is it succeeding in ministry?  am i living more by success than by grace?  am i more worried about completing my tasks and projects well than focusing on the grace?  jesus didn't come so i could be successful.  he came so i could rest in him and be strong even in my weaknesses and failures.  even my weaknesses and failures in ministry.  even when things aren't perfect.  so, rest in that samchok.